If you are one of the millions of Americans missing one or more teeth, there are many valid reasons to correct the problem:
- Improve your confidence, appearance, and speech
- A gap between your teeth is a cosmetic concern which becomes visible when you smile, laugh or speak.
- A missing back tooth, may not be noticeable when you speak or smile, but its absence can have a major impact on chewing. The inability to chew and enjoy certain foods can limit the variety of your food choices as well as your access to vital vitamins and nutrients.
- When a tooth is lost, the remaining teeth are subjected to extreme chewing and biting forces. Excessive pressure is also placed on the jaw joint, eventually leading to discomfort. This circumstance can also lead to a variety of temporomandibular disorders, known as TMD.
- If a missing tooth is not replaced, the surrounding teeth can shift or drift. Brushing and flossing can become more complicated, significantly reducing the efficiency of your homecare routine. Increased plaque and tarter may lead to cavities and periodontal disease.
- Bone loss can occur in the area of the missing tooth. This bone loss can affect the shape and fullness of your face and cheeks.
Millions of Americans are satisfied and confident in their choice to utilize implants to replace missing teeth. As a tooth replacement option, the dental implant effectively resolves the issues surrounding missing teeth. Your implant dentist can design a beautiful restoration that enhances your smile and increases your confidence. By replacing the lost chewing surface, you can enjoy comfortable, stable and unrestricted chewing. Dental implants also serve an important function as they stabilize your bite, preventing shifting of the adjacent teeth and damage to the jaw joint.
If you are considering replacing your missing tooth with dental implants in Highland Park, you can enjoy the tooth replacement option chosen by more and more Americans each year. Call 214-443-0876 to discuss your goals with our experienced implant dentist. It’s more than a cosmetic issue, it’s a quality of life issue.